Application Opens- SEPTEMBER 8, 2021
APPLICATION CLOSES- NOVEMBER 10, 2021 AT 5PM EST
The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is a collaboration with AANAPISIs and the communities they serve to provide scholarships, expand institutional capacity and mobilize local resources to help foster economic development. The AANAPISI Scholarship is available annually to students attending APIA Scholars AANAPISI partner campuses listed below.
The AANAPISI Scholarship online application opens on September 8, 2021 and closes on November 10, 2021 at 5:00 PM EST. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $5,000 awards. APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status.
- Are the first in their families to attend college.
- Are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, geographically and ethnically, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity.
- Have placed strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census.
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student, in an undergraduate degree-seeking program, at one of APIA Scholars AANAPISI Partner Institutions, during the 2022 Spring Semester (or Winter Quarter if your institution is on a quarter system).
View Our Partner AANAPISI Institutions
- Have applied for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2021-2022 academic year. Applicants do not necessarily need to have received federal financial aid to be eligible for a scholarship from APIA Scholars. Go to fafsa.gov for more information.
- Please note the following:
- Full-time enrollment and degree-seeking status is defined by the guidelines set by the institution’s Registrar’s Office.
- Non-degree seeking students are NOT eligible to apply.
- Students who already have a bachelor’s degree are NOT eligible to apply.
- When you apply, you can be a part-time student, however, you must be enrolled full-time upon receipt of funding.
- Solely online students are not eligible to apply. If you are enrolled in online and on ground courses, no more than 1/2 of your courses can be online. *Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are waiving this requirement for the 2021-2022 academic year.
HOW TO APPLY:
The AANAPISI Scholarship Program application must be completed online and submitted electronically once all of the required questions have been answered. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access your application and edit your answers as many times as you like with your login from any computer with internet access.
Need some tips on how to prepare for the application? View our Applicant Resources.