United Cooperative Services created a scholarship award program to encourage and assist in the educational pursuits of United Cooperative Services’ members and their families.
More than 20 years ago, United Cooperative Services awarded its first scholarships to local high school students and returning college students. United made the funds available with the idea in mind to reinvest into the communities it serves. In those first years, United awarded one scholarship to one student at each high school in its service area.
- Be an active member of United or be claimed as a dependent of parents or legal guardians who are active United members at their principle residence.
- Must provide proof of 2.0 post-secondary grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (12 semester hours minimum) at an accredited four-year university, junior college, or TEA approved trade school.
- One-page typed personal essay explaining community and school service, financial need and seriousness of purpose
- Submit proof of income (parents/guardians, if applicable), such as W-2, etc.
- Applicant must have one letter of recommendation sent to the cooperative (eg. from a teacher, administrator, etc.).
How to Apply:
Click HERE for more information.