The Walmart Associate Scholarship is available to associates (employees) participating in Walmart’s Lifelong Learning Program through American Public University and for associates pursuing a postsecondary education at an institution of higher education that is located in the U.S. and is accredited and listed on the official site of the U.S. Department of Education (http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx). Regardless of whether an associate is enrolled in APU or another accredited institution, eligibility requirements and maximum annual award amounts are the same for all educational institutions.
Associates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
- Must be employed part-time or full-time with any division of Walmart for at least six consecutive months prior to the application due date for the award period in which the associate is applying.
- Must have graduated high school/home school, have obtained a GED or be a graduating high school senior who intends to enroll in a college or university upon graduation.
- If applying as a graduating high school senior, must wait to apply until you are within 6 months of starting your college courses.
- Must have financial need and be able to demonstrate the need with the required documents. (Note: Associates with other funds that pay entirely for tuition, books, fees and on-campus room and board are not eligible.)
How To Apply: