The Nelson’s student aid fund will make awards to young adults aging out of foster care who want to develop a marketable skill or continue their education at a post-secondary school. They hope they can positively impact the lives of young people who have already suffered from the insecurity of an unstable childhood.
- Be a New Mexico resident for a minimum of one year
- Have been in the New Mexico foster care system for a minimum of one year
- Be between the ages of 17 and 21 at time of initial application
- An undergraduate college student
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA 2.5 for high school or have completed a GED program, OR have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in college
How to Apply:
Click HERE for more information.