Fall Semester awards August 15 through December 15
Spring Semester awards January 15 through May 15
Summer Semester awards May 15 through June 15
The Texas Public Accountancy Act provides for the establishment and maintenance of a scholarship program for fifth-year accounting students. The purpose of the Fifth-Year Accounting Student Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to students intending to take the CPA examination as Texas applicants and ultimately to serve the residents of this state.
- Are classified as residents of Texas
- Are enrolled at a participating college or university in Texas, that offer a comprehensive accounting, business, and ethics program that meets the education requirements of the Board
- Are enrolled at least half-time
- Have filed an Application of Intent to take the CPA examination with the Board
- Have completed a baccalaureate degree or at least 120 hours of college course work at the beginning of the term in which the award is being made
- Has no more than 30 semester hours remaining of course work to meet the following education requirements to take the CPA exam.
- Are deemed to be making satisfactory academic progress
- Have not already been approved for or taken the CPA examination
- Have registered for the Selective Service or are exempt from this requirement
- Demonstrate financial need
How to Apply:
Click HERE for more information.
Click HERE for Initial Application.
For additional details contact:
Business Administration Instructor (817) 202-6226 Chanda@swau.edu