Fall semester: December 1st every year.
Spring semester: April 1st every year.
The 3-way Scholarship Match is an institutional program whereby the student petitions, on their own behalf, two contributors/sponsors to make a payment towards the student’s account balance. SWAU will then add an additional contribution, equal to or the lesser of the two, amounts paid by the designated sponsors up to $500. This Scholarship Match is intended to help students who have not secured sufficient funds to cover expenses; after applying and accepting all Federal/State grants and loans available, along with work earnings. This is a Need-Based Scholarship program.
- Student may not be a recipient of educational subsidy.
- Student is not part of a discounted program
- Enrolled full-time
- Student must first apply and accept all Federal/State grants and loans.
- Student has unmet need as determined by the federal aid calculation.
- Student has unmet expenses after all other aid and earnings from work.
- SWAU match will not exceed the lower of the two committed amounts.
- Maximum match: $500.00 *Applicants must reapply each semester!
- Private dorm room disqualifies student.
Southwestern Adventist University will match funds only after determining that the student as met all qualifiers for the 3-Way Scholarship Match program. If additional aid is received after the 3-way has been awarded causing an over-award on Federal Student Aid, adjustments will be made to the student’s aid awards. This could include reduction in loan awards and/or loss of the 3-way match portion. This is a need-based scholarship.
How to Apply: