March 31 annually
“Foster Care to Success has provided scholarships since 1991; in 2000 we restructured the program and since then have awarded over $15M to 2,000 students in all 50 states. We are proud of our graduation rate of 65%, with a persistence rate of 75% – both higher than those of the general population of college students. The scholarships are based on a combination of need and merit. They are renewable up to five years if the student remains compliant with program requirements.“
- Have been in public or private foster care for the 12 consecutive months leading up to and including their 18th birthday; OR have been adopted or placed into legal guardianship after their 16th birthday; OR have been orphaned for at least one year at the time of their 18th birthday and not subsequently adopted.
- Be under the age of 25 on March 31 of the year in which they apply if they have not previously received scholarship funding from Foster Care to Success Have been in foster care or orphaned while living in the United States.
- U.S. citizenship is not required.
- Have been accepted into or expect to be accepted into an accredited college.
- This is an undergraduate scholarship only.