The application cycle for 2020 is now closed. Please check again in April of 2021.
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) sponsors this scholarship, which is awarded to 20 to 40 male students each year. Though entries from NAACP members are preferred, applicants do not need to be registered members to apply. They do, however, need to be majoring in engineering, physics, chemistry, or mathematics. A male student who has been accepted to or is applying to an accredited college can enter to win up to $3,000. The annual deadline is April 28, so put a reminder on your calendar to apply for next year.
- Students must be male majoring in or planning to major in engineering, chemistry, physics, or math.
- Students must be enrolled full-time as undergraduate students and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher (4.0 scale).
- Full-time and part-time graduate students are eligible if they maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- The student must be a U.S. citizen enrolled in or accepted to an accredited university in the United States.
- Students must demonstrate financial need.