December 16, 2021
Purposes and Uses:
“Licensed primary care clinicians in eligible disciplines can receive loan repayment assistance through the NHSC Loan Repayment Program (NHSC LRP).
In exchange for loan repayment, you must serve at least two years of service at an NHSC-approved site in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
The purpose of the NHSC LRP is to recruit and retain medical, nursing, dental, and
behavioral/mental health clinicians in eligible communities of need designated as Health
Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs). The information that applicants supply will be used to
evaluate their eligibility, qualifications and suitability for participating in the NHSC LRP. In
addition, information from other sources will be considered (e.g., credit bureau reports and
National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) reports).“
Which loan repayment program fits me best?
Compare our NHSC loan repayment programs — then choose the right one for you.
- A United States citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) or the United States national;
- A provider (or eligible to participate as a provider) in the Medicare, Medicaid, and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program, as appropriate;
- Fully trained and licensed to practice in the NHSC-eligible primary care medical, dental, or mental/behavioral health discipline and state in which you are applying to serve
- A health professional in an eligible discipline with qualified student loan debt for education that led to your degree; and
- Working at an NHSC-approved site.
How to Apply: Go to Scholarship